Monday, March 21, 2011

More on Radiation Dosage

I just borrowed a neat radiation dosage chart that has just about everything you ever wanted to know about radiation on it. One problem, to read the chart I have to write some nonsense to get the chart below the advertising junk that no one cares about. So I am going to insert some line breaks to get that crap out of the way.

I will also stick a silly picture in to fill the gap. The Blues Brothers imitators, they were good by the way.


This is a link for the current radiation doses in areas of Japan. The readings are in nGy/h or nanograys per hour. One microrad (10e-6) equals 10 nanograys. So 0.1 rads equals on gray. The conversion to Severt depends on the type of radiation, but 1 Severt is approximately equal to 100 rems. Or if you like, 1 nanogray per hour is approximately equal to 0.001 microseverts per hour. Hmm? I wonder if the map make is anti-nuke?













Original link for this image xkcd.com

Xkcd.com is a very neat site you should visit. It has some great cartoons. They recently posted this chart of radiation doses that has been found at several blogs I have visited. Please visit their site often so the don't think I am some kind of graphics stealer, which I am in this case, but I am trying very hard to not tick them off too much. This is though about the coolest radiation chart I have ever seen!

No comments:

Blog Archive